Ok I have decided they are "Snow Day" happy here in Colorado.
We have had 2 "big" storms since we moved here and each time we have had snow days.
I have always thought that the only place to have snow days were places that never get snow and don't know how to deal with it.
Ya know like Phoeinix or LA.
The second storm kind of went from COLD to SNOW in one long storm.
Well not be be left out this morning the stake called a snow day too!
Yep that's right no church!
Maybe they wanted to get in on the fun or was it the Super Bowl?..hmm.
They say it was the roads but...
Ok last night I was driving the Sister Missionaries home
(Mission Pres "parked" the cars in the mission till the roads were better)
I was not just sliding a bit here and there but almost every time I hit the brakes my anti-lock brakes went on.
The scariest slide was when I was going down a big hill which intersects with a major light.
I saw I had a red light and was worried about sliding so I started using my brakes FAR away from the light. It was only about halfway down a. Immediatly I felt the pulse of my anti-lock brakes and only slowed down a little bit. I stayed like that until I slid into the intersection against the light. The last bit I pushed on those brakes as hard as I could. I slid into the intersection and turned.
Gratitude
is what you feel when you realize there is a break in traffic and you are not going to crash!
Whew!
Ok so maybe the "snow day" was legite this time!
2 comments:
WOW look at all that snow, brrrrr. What a difference huh? They look like they are loving it!!
that looks like fun - i am sure it will get old but fun for now, right?! glad you didn't get hit in the intersection and you guys are all ok.
Post a Comment